Friday 7 March 2014

An interview with the designer Nicki Macfarlane


Today we are going to make you meet with occasion-wear Fashion designer, Nicki Macfarlane to chat about her inspirations and favorite memories.
1.         Describe yourself in 3 words: 
Bubbly, perfectionist, tired!
2.         Which three words best sum-up Nicki Macfarlane the brand?

Timeless, elegant and romantic.

3.         Where do you find inspiration?
Inspiration comes from everywhere. From our brides themselves, a piece of fabric or a child’s dress in an old painting. This season we have focused on a summer garden party feel, and have used lace, organza, Georgette and silk in a glorious array of colors which include Strawberry fool, Pink Champagne, Sky, Blossom, Eau de Nil and Raspberry.

Kids Fashion Show                                                      Indian Kids Models

4.         Your favorite childhood memory is:

The house that I grew up in had a rather magical garden with lots of, admittedly rather murky, ponds. My brother and I spent many happy hours fishing for all manner of creepy crawlies – my favorite catch was sticklebacks.


5.         What was your favorite piece of clothing as a child?

My mother’s style, when it came to dressing me, fell short of a small girl’s dream, however I do remember the excitement of once meeting my father at the QE2 in Southampton on his return from New York, and he was clutching a box tied with ribbon. Inside was a pretty pale blue organza dress – and it actually fitted perfectly too!

6.         What is your favorite piece of clothing?

I always wear skirts to the floor, as I feel they suit me best and are elegant as well as comfortable. I also love full length coats in luxurious fabrics preferably velvet, silk or cashmere. It’s great to be able to put them over anything to smarten up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment